All the Bee Gees' Albums are Available on iTunes/Napster/Rhapsody, etc.!
Cubdukat
2008-01-18 17:31:16 UTC
For anyone worried that Reprise/Warner Bros. is backing out of their
commitment to putting out the Bee Gees remasters, all of their albums
are finally available again on all the online services. Somehow I
suspect that that will probably be the only way we'll get them, as the
demand for physical CDs seems to be diminishing fast, and I thought I
had read somewhere that they were making noises about cancelling the
CD releases altogether. "Odessa" was supposed to have been out by now.

Suddenly I have a reason to get an iPod...
Ronnie Olsson
2008-01-19 12:25:56 UTC
The CD isn't dead yet.

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3593338/Odessa/Product.html
Joe Brennan
2008-01-19 18:07:02 UTC
Post by Ronnie Olsson
The CD isn't dead yet.
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3593338/Odessa/Product.html
It won't be released before June, and that date's not too solid in my
opinion. There is no official date for any more reissues. No one
involved will talk so we have no idea what is going on except via
rumors. Cubdukat might be right... who knows?

The digital tracks are not remastered except those from "First",
"Horizontal", "Idea", and "Greatest". Possibly a blessing, if further
remasters will again boost the volume levels into distortion.

It's too bad the digital tracks are limited to the albums. Why not
the sought-after non-album tracks from B sides, soundtracks, and what-
not? That's what fans would download.

Joe Brennan
Ronnie Olsson
2008-01-19 21:08:03 UTC
Post by Joe Brennan
It won't be released before June, and that date's not too
solid in my opinion. There is no official date for any more
reissues. No one involved will talk so we have no idea what is going on
except via
rumors. Cubdukat might be right... who knows?
Possibly (part of) the reason for the silence is the downsizing of Warner.
Whatever schedule they had prior to that went out of the window and they
don't want to set a definitive date on the releases until everything is set
in stone and everyone involved has signed off on it.

At this point I see nothing to worry about, I still believe the CD will be
around for some time. At least I sincerely hope so. Mp3, AAC or similar is
not an option I care too much for. It is all fine and dandy for portable
devices but I can rip my own CDs to my own desired settings. I don't want
that as the only available source to hear music.